APBY COVID-19 Policy
Last Updated: 5/27/20
IMPORTANT UPDATE: On May 18th the state of Massachusetts issued updated guidance for recreational boaters. Read the full memo here.
We have had some beautiful summer sailing weather recently and we are adding additional open hours to accommodate. Starting on May 27th, we will now be open daily for our normal summer hours to mooring and dockage customers only.
For the time being launch service is closed. The launch service will not return to normal hours until later in the summer when we can designate a single launch driver for the day. This is an important step to allow for proper distancing measures. For those not comfortable using the Arey’s Pond dinghies, we will do our best to bring boats to the dock with 24 hours notice.
While on the boat yard premises, we ask that customers follow the guidelines below (many of these guidelines are state mandated).
- Masks should be worn while at the waterfront, docks, bathrooms, dinghies and parking lots.
- Customers should not enter boat yard offices or shops, as they remain closed to the public. The best way to reach the boat yard staff is via phone or email.
- Only persons from the same household should be together on a boat at one time.
- No gathering or groups of persons from multiple households will be permitted on boat ramps, docks, piers etc., and all users shall practice strict physical distancing.
- All recreational crafts shall remain a safe distance apart. Tying boats or other crafts together is prohibited.
Customers who do not feel well or have been exposed to COVID-19 should not visit our facilities.
We know that using private boats may be one of the only summer activities our customers are looking forward to, and we aim to prioritize safety while allowing use of boats moored in our pond. We will continue to monitor the situation and post any updates to our policy here.
You can always call us at (508) 255-0994 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org