Arey’s Pond Boat Yard is a full-service waterfront and boat building facility located in South Orleans, on lower Cape Cod, MA. We specialize in sailboats and offer a variety of services including fiberglass repair, high end finish work, rigging, hauling, and other services. We are also a renowned builder of catboats and other custom wood and fiberglass vessels.
We are looking for a motivated individual with boat handling experience and a love of boats and sailing. This is a full-time, year round position, with full benefits available.
We seek an entry level service technician with teamwork skills and a strong work ethic.. The primary responsibilities of this position include providing a range of services for customers, including maintenance services and delivery of boats.
This is a full time (40+ hours a week), year round position. Once the candidate demonstrates the appropriate attitude and work ethic, additional responsibilities will be offered.
- Manage waterfront
- Rigging and down rigging sailboats
- Launching, hauling and trailering boats
- Delivering vessels via water and on land across Cape Cod
- Set/Pull, service and assemble moorings
- Assist Head Rigger/Waterfront Manager with varying rigging repairs and tasks
- Maintaining company vessels
- Winter Months:
- Servicing Spars and rigging
- Varnish and painting
- Assisting in boatbuilding
- High-school diploma or GED
- 2+ years experience or related training in the marine service industry preferred.
- Valid driver’s license (demonstrable towing experience a plus)
Preferred (not required)
- Ability to rig any style vessel with confidence, clarity, and efficiency
- Knowledge of Pleasant Bay and surrounding area
- Skilled boat handler with experience towing small and medium sized vessels.
Salary based on experience (Starting): $17.50/hr – $21.00/hr.