Online registration is now open for the 30th Arey’s Pond Cat Gathering!
The Cat Gathering is a just-for-fun sail for catboats and classic sailboats. It starts in Little Pleasant Bay, goes through The Narrows and into Pleasant Bay. Every year over 80 boats come together for this parade of sail. A practice race takes place the day before (Friday) and an awards ceremony is held at Arey’s Pond after the Gathering.
We hope you’ll join us for an early race, and then come back to the yard in the late afternoon for a fun celebration with music and hor d’oeuvres. All proceeds will be donated to the Friends of Pleasant Bay.
- Practice Race: 10:00am (single start)
- Skipper’s Meeting: 5:00pm at Arey’s Pond Boat Yard (w/ virtual option)
- Cat Gathering: 9:45am (first start)
- Awards: 3:00pm at Arey’s Pond Boat Yard
- After Party: 4:00pm at Arey’s Pond Boat Yard (optional hor d’oeuvres for $55/pp)
- Parade of Sail: 12:00pm (send off for visiting vessels)
- Cost: Registration fee $30/boat, optional hor d’oeuvres $50/per person. All proceeds will be donated to the Friends of Pleasant Bay.
- Payment for registration fee and optional after party should be made via check or cash. Checks may be mailed to PO Box 222, South Orleans, MA 02662 or payment may be dropped off at the waterfront office.
- Race packets will be available for pick up at Arey’s Pond Boat Yard starting Thursday 8/18.
- Moorings and dock space for visiting vessels is available on a first come, first serve basis. Trailer parking and ramp access is available free of charge.
- Shirts: We will email you when the shirts come in (limit 4 per boat). They will be sold on a first come first serve basis. We cannot take pre-orders. Thank you for understanding!
2021 Photo Gallery
Check out the photos from our 2021 photo boat! Click here to view Nancy Bloom’s photos, and click here to view Anita Winstanley Roark’s photos.