“Summer Sail on Pleasant Bay” by Peter Hyde
We hope you can join us this year for the 28th Annual Arey’s Pond Cat Gathering, one of the largest gatherings of catboats on the East Coast! Catboats and classic wooden boats are invited to participate in this just-for-fun regatta through Little Pleasant and Pleasant Bays.
Practice Race: Friday 8/21, 2pm first start
Cat Gathering: Saturday 8/22, 3pm first start
Due to current events, this year’s Cat Gathering will be a little different. Please note the following changes that we have made to ensure the safety of our staff and participants:
- All event registration is online. Registration closes on Friday 8/21 at 2pm. Please click the button at the bottom of this page to register today!
- Participants should follow our COVID-19 Policy when visiting the boat yard.
- The skipper’s meeting will take place the morning of Friday 8/21 on VHF channel 72 and Zoom.
- All participants will still need to pick up their number or request to have it left on their boat. Please call us at (508) 255-0994 to arrange a contactless pick up.
- Unfortunately, the traditional post-gathering awards ceremony is cancelled. Race results for first, second and third place boats will be available Saturday night on our website. Full results will be released on Monday.
- As always, race t-shirts will be available for purchase. Contactless pick ups are available.
- We would please advise that skippers follow state COVID-19 guidelines when selecting crew. This includes the state travel order which goes into effect on 8/1/20.
- The registration fee has been reduced from $30 to $24. Proceeds will benefit the Friends of Pleasant Bay’s Sipson Island Fund. This is an important mission, so we are grateful for any additional contributions our attendees can make at this time.
- This year’s course will finish in Big Pleasant Bay before The Narrows, which is the same as the 2019 finish. This will likely be our standard course moving forward.
We are especially excited to offer this event this year, for everyone looking for a naturally social-distanced activity, and an excuse to get out on the water, we hope you can join us!