Seasonal Service Technician
Arey’s Pond Boat Yard is a full service waterfront and boat building facility located in South Orleans, on lower Cape Cod, MA. We specialize in sailboats and offer a variety of services including fiberglass repair, high end finish work, rigging, hauling, launching, and other services. We are also a renowned builder of catboats and other custom wood and fiberglass vessels.
We seek an entry level service technician with teamwork skills and a strong work ethic for the fall season (September-December). The primary responsibilities of this position include providing a range of services for customers, including maintenance services and delivery of boats.
This is currently a full time (40+ hours a week), seasonal position, with potential to extend. Once the candidate demonstrates the appropriate attitude and work ethic, additional responsibilities will be offered and may result in year round employment and benefits.
- Power washing
- Cleaning interior and exterior
- Bottom painting
- Shrink wrapping for storage
- Hauling and launching
- Delivering boats to customers
- Responding to questions from customers and referring the questions to the supervisor on a timely basis.
- Resolving mistakes or safety concerns by discussing them with other employees and/or the supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years of job experience or related training in the marine service industry preferred.
- A valid driver’s license (demonstrable towing experience is a plus)
- Warehouse forklift experience preferred. Training will be offered to candidates if needed.
- $20-25/hr, with overtime opportunities.